AL Digital Citizenship Agreements - Third Grade - Information and Communications Technology
News Update
Loading...

Monday, March 7, 2016

AL Digital Citizenship Agreements - Third Grade

We Are All Digital Citizens!

The idea of "digital citizenship" has become an important topic in education everywhere. So what part should our schools play in creating good digital citizens, and how the teacher can help...

Schools play a big role in encouraging children to become good future citizens, and now some behaviours have beeing added related to the digital world we now live in, and the principle of using technology in ways that are responsible, respectful and safe. 
What does it mean to be a good digital citizen?



Digital Citizenship Class Activity - Part 1

Find your partner and read the item on your paper together.
Watch the following clips and think about the rules of behaviour for digital citizens.
Individually complete the idea on your paper.

Digital Citizenship in Schools

5 Facts About Digital Citizenship

Digital Citizen - Who Will You Be?

What is Digital Citizenship?

Digital Citizenship

An introduction to Digital Citizenship

Oversharing - Digital Citizenship


Read:


Abraham Lincoln Digital Citizenship Agreements


As third grade ICT users we wil be:


Responsible

  1. I will only use the learning sites recommended by my teachers and those my parents allow me to use.
  2. I will treat all technology equipment with care.
  3. I will keep my password private and I will respect other people's passwords. I understand that I can share my password with my teachers or parents only.
  4. I will not share personal information about myself or anyone else. This includes names, addresses, phone number, photos, etc... 

Respectful

  1. I will ask for help politely when I have a problem using technology and I will use kind language with all comunity members when using technology for communication or learning activities. I will not use technology to worry or threatened anybody.
  2. I will not use other people's usernames an passwords.
  3. I will only use my files and folders, never modify or change any of my friends works.
  4. I will follow all the instructions and rules given by my teachers to do the class activites only.
  5. I will respect copyright procedures by citing the source of content that I use in my projects (texts, photos, etc) I will avoid plagiarism.

Safe

  1. I will tell my teachers or parents if I feel uncomfortable with anything I find on a computer.
  2. I will not share any of my personal information in social networks. This includes videos, photos, etc...
  3. I will share with my fellow students the information appropriate for my age only.


I understand that if I don't follow any part of this agreement my technology facilities at school will be restricted.



Digital Citizenship Class Activity - Part 2

Go to your class wall, find the room for the topic you are working on and create a post with the "behaviour rule" you have been given. In the post must be your name and lastname, an opinion or experience about the topic and a picture.


3A DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP
 


3B DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP


3C DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP


3D DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP





Share with your friends

Give us your opinion

Notification
This is just an example, you can fill it later with your own note.
Done